July 3, 2013

A Change of Pace.


This summer.  Going into this summer, I pretty much has no idea what I would be doing with my time.  Starting in December I eagerly sought out opportunities to fill these three months of break.  Internships.  Jobs.  Study abroad programs.  I applied, interviewed, and furiously researched all of these possibilities.  It's not that I didn't trust what the Lord had for my summer, I just wanted to make sure that I was doing my part and not just waiting around for something to drop in my lap out of nowhere.  At least that is what I kept telling myself...  Month by month, as summer approached, doors began closing one by one.  God had a something else in mind.  It became super clear the things that God didn't want me to be doing with my summer, but that didn't give me any assurance of what I should be doing with my summer.  

And here we are.  Virtually non of my big plans solidified.  I am living in my same LA apartment working a mere 10 hours a week at my campus job.  In my free time I go on hikes with my friends, go to bible study, I read, have extended quiet times, craft, cook, I swim, I take naps on occasion, watch the occasional TV show (in moderation, of course!).  I am savoring this time of rest.  After a long year of hard work at school and work, this is exactly what I needed in this season.  Had you told me that this is what I would be doing this summer, I would have probably cringed thinking that it was a wasted summer, not getting me any farther in my career.  What I am actually finding, however, is something far more valuable.  I am falling deeper in love with my Savior.  I am learning who He has created me to be.  Learning to rely on him to direct my paths.  What a majestic and powerful God that we serve?!

I am so very thankful that he closed all those doors.  That he has blessed me with this time of rest.  I don't deserve it but I am thankful for it.  As I go into a year of unknowns, I am more excited than ever to cling to my Savior who provides and loves me abundantly.  


Did I mention I got to go on a family vacation to Alberta, Canada? It was so incredibly beautiful there in the Rocky Mountains!  This picture is from Lake Louise.  Absolutely Stunning.  I will be back for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment