October 10, 2013

Fall Cravings: Grilled Cheese (all grown-up)

I am so excited for the new fall season that is upon us.  As the temperature drops, I find myself craving some of the comfort foods that I grew up with.  One of my favorites is the grilled cheese sandwich- the quintessential comfort food for fall.  It is a childhood favorite that can effortlessly be elevated to gourmet status.

Restaurants from coast to coast are putting a refined twist on the classic grilled cheese sandwich.  From NY’s Little Muenster, which offers the Heirloom Tomato Grilled Cheese {with herbed goat, heirloom tomatoes, and parmesan crust} to LA’s Joan's on Third, which serves up a unique grilled cheese {with raisin bread, melted goat cheese, and fig preserves}.

I am also looking forward to cooking up some of my own grilled cheese sandwiches at home.  The following recipes have me inspired and ready for fall cooking.  Plus, I also love the idea of having a gourmet grilled cheese bar at the next party we throw. The possibilities are truly endless.


1.  Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Sandwich | from A Cup of Joe

2.  Grilled Figs and Cheese | from 80 Breakfasts

3.  Emeril's Kicked-Up Tuna Melts | from Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment